Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Noxzema Clean Moisture Deep Cleansing Cream



I really want to hate this product.
Here's the story.
I have this acne-prone, combination skin, like forever.Since puberty hit me and my hormone gone bonkers, the purpose of my skin care regime was to suck out all of the excessive oil out of my skin.
Time went by, and even as a woman in her 30, I unbelievably still on the quest to find the best product to keep my T area oil free, and to moisturize my U area that starts to dry and becoming sensitive.
Been listening to some suggestions, I gave a go for chemical peel and microdermabrasion regime. It's about time I feel good about my skin, blemishes-free, clogged-pores free. Those little evils do serious damage since those dark spots stubbornly refuse to leave my face.I always ride the Devil's merry go round. Step 1:get rid of the excessive oil. Step 2: treat zits. Step 3: erase the dark spots. Repeat to eternity.
I thought chem peel and microdermabrasion are my way out.
They are.For a while. After a month [2x chem peel and 2x microdermabrasion treatments], my oily skin, started to dry in an awful way.
Yes my pores are slighttlllyy smaller, all the dirty gunk are gone, but they left me with ugly, dry skin patches that I simply cannot exfoliate. The mild exfoliating product = doesn't work. Regular exfoliating product left my face irritated,red,and darker than my neck.Plus, when I tried to cover it up with some make up,seriously, it gets worse. Those dry,flaky,patches of skin shamelessly showed themselves like they were the diva and my face was their stage.My regular hydrating face wash didn't work anymore, and I notice it was because my skin was absolutely, terribly dry.
I was hopeless.So one night I was browsing,absent-mindedly go through drugstore's catalog for cleanser when I saw this product.
Said it was for skin with acne problem, but the reviews said that 'it improves skin texture'. Been using retexturing skincare [30.what do you expect?], I guess that line got me. Ordered it right away,without any hope that this product would perform a miracle. Come on,it's only 4 bucks for 8 Oz [I was considering Philosophy Purity Made Simple, but its price put a frown on my forehead.Seriously?Like I have enough money to flush into the bottomless pit of skincare need].

Then this blue,sturdy bottle arrived, and I was reluctant to run like a crazy woman to the bathroom to give it a try, thing I always do with my new cleansing potion. I also noticed that this Noxzema contains Camphor,Menthol,and Eucalyptus Oil. Yes, those are irritant ingredients.Yes, those things can sting my face or maybe burn it for good. Yes,it probably smell yucky.'Why did I buy this anxway?', I thought.



I must have been seriously desperate in order to use those ingredients on my face voluntarily

So I let it sat down for couple of days on my table until one day I thought, 'Hel*,sod off'.


Ooh the smell, the smell is horrible!
If you live in Indonesia/Asia, then you know Counterpain, yes?Well, this cleansing cream smells exactly like that. I almost cry as this foul smelling fume attacks my nostril, imagining myself rubbing analgesic balm on all over my face.
Does it tingle? No.It makes my face like it has been rubbed with pain relief balm.
I spread this smooth,creamy cleanser on my face, give it a light massage then rinse it thoroughly with cellulose sponge,soaked in lukewarm water.
After 1 usage, nothing happens.
Weird as it is, I find myself kind of into liking the foul smell. It's refreshing and makes me feel relaxed. Weird, but I like it.
Don't have all the guts to use it twice a day, I use it only at night before bedtime[PM skincare routine].After one week, still on the same chem peel & microdermabrasion regime [I do home chem peel once a week, and 2 days before it, the microdermabrasion treatment], I notice that those regular dry,scaly,flaky,disgusting skin patches are all gone. Zilch. None. Nothing.Nada.Gone.
I still have blemishes free skin from the chem peel. Still got the clean feeling and firmer skin from the microdermabrasion, and now I also have this glowing and supple skin from a weird,cheap cleansing cream.Another bonus, my complexion is now much brighter, because no more dull skin.

I could never ever ever describe my skin as 'glowy, moist,supple, blemishes free and firm'. Heck, I even have no guts to dream that I actually can have this healthy, good -to-go-without-a-ton-of foundation skin.My skin was always been dull and oily or dry and flaky.It never been, repeat, never been like this.I don't use any foundation anymore.Tinted moisturizer and some tiny amount of concealer to cover my freckles -not the cute ones- and 3 dark spots on my jawline, and I'm good to go.
My only hope is Noxzema will keep doing this miracle each and every day to me, like it does to those lucky souls who wrote that they've been using Noxzema Clean Moisture Deep Cleansing Cream for 53 years. Fifty-frigging years!It has to be hell of a product to keep someone using it for decades.I  never be loyal to any skincare product, especially cleanser. I was always looking for something better. Something that maybeee will brighten my dull complexion a little bit.Something that maybeee will hydrate my dry-sensitive area but won't trigger blemishes on the other part.Something that will do good for my skin and my purse.Something that actually works.

Do I like it? YES.A gigantic yes.I like the price, it's very affordable! I like the pump, it's easy to use, hygienic, and the bottle is very sturdy. I like the texture; it's creamy and glides easily.I like,no,I love the result  better, even the smell is horrible and my husband always step away from me every time I do my cleansing regime.
I love this product, and I shall treasure it. For a cleansing cream that has been around for almost a century [first released to the market in 1914], this old timer cream is more than good for me. It's a miracle!And honestly, how can I hate a miracle?




No comments:

Post a Comment