Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Review : MakeUpAcademy Eyeshadow Palette : Dusk Til Dawn




Okay, MUA or Make Up Academy maybe sounds unfamiliar to those who don't live in th UK :) I read the review about this palette by Pixiwoo, here ,and I actually watched another UK's makeup artist/Youtube guru , Wayne Goss' video about MUA's eyeshadows here . Both of  these well respected make up artists spoke highly of this brand, literally praised the color payoff versus the price, so who was I to doubt them?I'm glad I bought it.


This palette consists of 12 colors,and to be honest I don't know the name of each color. All of them are either frosty/shimmery/metallic colors. Not quite my cup of tea because I have droopy lids, but let's get on with it ,shall we?



yep.still contains parabens :|
Ingredients : Talc, Mica, Magnesium stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-1, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Methyl Paraben, Propylparaben, and some pigments.


swiped very lightly by hand | 1x swipe

#1 is like pale golden-ish color
#2 is dark gray color with a tinge of purple
#3 is pale taupe with hint of pink
#4 stark white
#5 and #6 are actually the same color, but #5 is slightly darker than #6 , and both are the darker versions of #3
#7 is golden
#8 'Lead' color? Like old tin can color.
#9 is turquoise .Pretty one!
#10 is bluish green color.
#11 dark plum purple
#12 metallic black


What I Like :
1. Superb color payoff, highly pigmented. With only one single swipe, you can get the color and the shimmer. Problem with most middle/low end shimmer shadows products is:most of them only get you the shimmer, not the color.But this, oh my, this is a gem.
2. Color #1 is very good to highlight my lower lash line, corner of my eyes, and sometimes my cupid bow,haha. Yes I've been experimenting :P And it turned out great.
3. For 4GBP , I got 12 colors, again, really cannot complain.
4. Not chalky/messy/ whatsoever. Not like most middle/low end shadows that tend to be messy and/or chalky.
5. Easy to apply and to blend.

What I Don't Like :
1. I have to use the 'dry' type eyeshadow base, like this one [click] or the shimmer/metallic chunks won't stick and I would end up applying more of this eye shadow.
2. It's hard to get. I only know 1 online seller who sell this brand :|

You May Like It If:
1. You're on a budget and looking for a decent, highly pigmented metallic/shimmery eye shadow
2. You're still a newbie in makeup, and you don't want to spend money to buy a cat in a bag.

You May Not Like It If :
1. You prefer matte eyeshadow because this palette is some serious shimmer business.

That's all folks :)

2 comments:

  1. Sleek ato MUA bagus mana sih cinn??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ntar tungguin review sleeknya yak ;) jadi ntar bisa bandingin sendiri hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete